Amongst the many categories in the Google taxonomy list, it is vital to choose the most suitable type for your product. This attribute is called the Google Product Category. This attribute aims to direct potential customers to a particular product. So, it is important to select the right category for your product.
When is the Google Product Category required?
There are certain products whose advertising potential can be enhanced with Google Product categories, such as Software, Media, and Clothing. For other products, you need not necessarily use this data feed attribute. Although it may not be vital, it is helpful to accommodate this data into your product feed. By getting your category right, you have a better chance of securing expected and actual CTR (Click-through-Rate) for your products. With this data included, you are destined to receive a higher return.
Sticking to the requirements
Following Google’s framework is vital both for getting your product approved in the Merchant Center and for displaying your product in relevant searches. Some of the minimum requirements to achieve this are detailed below:
- Ensure that you choose the most suitable and appropriate category for our product
- Specificity is key, try to make the category as precise as possible and avoid picking general groups
- If you cannot find a predefined Product Category-specific enough, then try including another attribute that details the product type.
- Make sure that you are choosing categories that are published after August 2011.
Besides the minimum requirements, some other conditions can help your campaign performance much. These are detailed below.
- Categories that are most recent and updated should be used. The other case can land you in choosing those categories that are not as relevant as some other class.
- Specific requirements are set for every country. While choosing the attribute, make sure that those requirements applicable to your country are satisfied. On the other hand, your categories will get disapproved.
Thus, it can be concluded that the attribute, Google product category is vital for certain products, while it is not that significant for some others. Though, it is still recommendable for these too.